Teaching Assistant Post
The Edward Betham CofE Primary School is seeking to appoint a part-time (28 hours per week) teaching assistant to join our high-achieving two-form entry school for Autumn 2022.
Graded as a ‘good’ school by Ofsted in 2018, the school enjoys an excellent reputation and parents/carers are very positive about the education of their children and highly supportive of the school.
We welcome applications from teaching assistants who share our commitment to excellent provision for all our children.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a team and make a positive contribution to raising standards
- A positive, pro-active approach to supporting pupil social/behavioural needs
- Ability to insist on high standards of behaviour and academic outcome
- Experience of in-house intervention programmes (e.g. Numeracy and Literacy programmes for pupils of lower ability with additional learning needs )
Salary & Benefits
We offer you:
- Confident, courteous and highly-motivated pupils
- Professional, dedicated staff who offer great support
- Aspirational leadership enabling meaningful professional development
- A pro-active and encouraging Governing Board and parent/carer community
- A rigorous, rich curriculum with an emphasis on creativity and issues of social and environmental justice
Salary: £18,201 to £19,196 (actual salary)
The Edward Betham C of E Primary School
Oldfield Lane South
Deadline and how to apply
Closing Date: Application Forms to be submitted to the school by 12:00pm on Monday 11th July.
Interview Date: Tuesday 19th July.
One year contract in the first instance.
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk.
Visiting the school
Applicants are invited to arrange a meeting with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Headteacher: Miss Caroline Chamberlain BA (Hons) PGCE PGCSEN CofEPQH